847Kids Summer Running Camps 2023
Join 847 Running Company for 847Kids Summer Running Camps in Libertyville, IL!
👟 Skip to Registration 👟
The 4th Annual 847Kids Summer Running Camp registration is now open for 6 -13 year-olds! This year we've implemented some changes based on camper and parent feedback. Continue below for program details.
When: June 12 - August 3, 2023 on Mondays & Thursdays
Time: Mondays 6:30 PM - 7:15 PM; Thursdays 8:15 AM to 9:00 AM
Where: Libertyville-area locations to be announced June 1.
The Goal: Complete the MainStreet Libertyville Twilight Shuffle distance of choice (1-mile, or 5k) and maintain general fitness and FUN!
847Kids Summer Running Camp 2023 is proud to introduce 847Kids Practice Passes:
- Blue Pass ($75) includes:
- up to 8 practices
- one 847 Camp Shirt
- one $10 gift card to 847 Running Company
- Gold Pass ($130) includes:
- up to 16 practices
- one 847 Camp Shirt
- one $20 gift card to 847 Running Company
- one entry to the MainStreet Libertyville Twilight Shuffle 1-Mile or 5k race on Sunday September 3, 2023.
How It Works
We host 16 practices between June 12 and August 3, one every Monday and Thursday . Mondays are speed workouts and Thursdays are endurance runs. Campers and their families decide which days to attend based on their schedules and training needs. Blue Pass-holders can attend any 8 practices during the entire 8-week program. Gold-pass holders can attend all 16 practices during the same term.
Practice sessions will include warm-up drills, age- and ability-appropriate running workouts, and cool downs. Campers will also participate in timed runs to gauge improvement and apply learned skills.
Campers must bring their pass to attend practice. Passes will be collected by an 847RC Staffer before practice, so attendance can be recorded. Passes will be returned to campers after each practice.
Program info including practice locations, workout details, and liability release forms will be emailed out to all registrants on June 1.
There will be no cancelled practices. If unsafe weather conditions are likely to occur during a scheduled practice, campers will meet at 847RC for an indoor HIIT workout including treadmill reps, bodyweight strength/mobility exercises, and stretching. Indoor practices will be announced via email at least 90 minutes in advance of the scheduled meeting time.
- We are looking for parent volunteers! Please email Nicole at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
- Only registered campers and their parents can participate at camp practices. Please register participating siblings separately.
- Please have any medicines and/or medical devices available and prepared for self- or parent-administration. 847RC Staffers and volunteers cannot administer medicine to campers.
MainStreet Libertyville Twilight Shuffle 5k entries for 2023 are included with Gold Pass registration only and can only be used by 847RC camp registrant. More details to come June 1.